Sunday, 8 January 2012

Home Working - Blog Starting Point

Fiona & Paul - we had a photographer!
This is where our Travel Blog Begins
We Go Back to the Start - 1st Up

Carcoar Dam 1st Outing - we did get help from other people!
We brought the camper trailer home on 17th March, 2006 and lots has happened since we started out -we had christening at Macquarie Woods on 18th March with Family Schmich and tooka few shakedown runs, quick trips out to the local waterholes to learn our travelling skills and I was gong to solve everything. One quick look at the smile on Fiona's face on the way home sort of tells a story, I didn't do very well!

 Fiona was at her determined best, and, I really tried, I did and regardless we had a good couple of days out. I took lots of photos and in fact got a prize winner at Bathurst Show.

We just didn't know where to put stuff ......... we were learning!








The Trip Home

We got the trailer all packed up, eventually, and we set off home and Fi just wanted to get back home, but, I wanted a couple of pics to remember.










 It looked a bit messy and I was sure I had found a place for everything.










The CEO was under severe personal strain at this time - I thought I was a goner and she'll never come again!










By the time we got to this area out in the woods we alreadt had a significant amount of travel experience having moved from the CTrailer to Caravan (2). On this occasion we went with seasoned nomadic wanderers that really go bush looking for stuff, Gerbina, Tim & the boys - talk about risk takers Tim is up there with the best of em!
There we were around the campfire and guess who was doing the talking, it was a bit unfortunate really as someone else was taking photos - I had been caught in the act!
Fi and Paul - a rare photo

Fiona loving every minute
This was the vans biggest test - we travelled miles off-road and into the deep bush towing the van with another family, she'll be right mate, I'll tow you out if you get stuck. Away we went through pretty sharp washaways with difficult exits, through creeks that weren't deep but we had to climb out and up the bank on the other side. Awkward gates and across paddocks filled with swamps and marshes, not to mention all the recent and current wet weather. We made it OK and then we set off on foot for a nithgmare three days fossicking for Sapphires, didn't do much good but after we left our buddies had three very big finds, 20K plus and good luck to them for hanging in there.



Well here we are at home again watching the temperature levels before we set off again on nother adventure.

Next time we will be heading for Far North Queensland, South West Queensland or maybe just up the road to Dubbo.

This is the first entry -

1 comment:

PaulR said...

I wonder where this comment will show up?

If at all?